6/25/2009

The Michael I know

The news of Michael Jackson passing away was a shock to people around the world. Internet traffic was so intense for people trying to find out if it was a hoax, some websites have actually crashed.

I remember the first time I heard his songs were just before I came to Canada, at a 7-eleven, it was "remember the time". It was pretty good, then, I came to Canada, I could listen to his song for hours. From "Black or White" to "Heal the world".

MJ was many things, he was the king of pop, he was an accused child molester, he was the most well known american in the early 90s, he was a weirdo, he was black, then he was white....

He tried really hard to convince us that it didn't matter if he was black or white (it did matter), tried to convince us that he can get married and have kids too (although both done in the weirdest way), he even tried to convince us that instead of sleeping with kids, he could take care of his own kid (by dangling the kid outside of a hotel balcony)

However, the time has proven that Michael is just another human-being with many flaws, but his legacy will live on... At least for our generation, we can tell our kids, Michael was that connection to our teen years, like Elvis was to our parents...

1 comment:

Kiki said...

I miss him already...