6/03/2009

Driving

I was fortunate to have a chance to drive to Surrey yesterday, left Richmond around 345pm. Google map told me it would have taken 34 min to get there. My tomtom gps told me 36 min.

They were overly optimistic, as rush hour in lower mainland starts 330pm, and doesn't end until 7pm. I got stuck before New West, got stuck at New West, got stuck before Surrey, and got stuck at Surrey.

I didn't know why my stupid Tomtom took me through New West, but it did. It was a record breaking-unusually-warm day, and it was hard for me to be patient when I know my client is waiting.

It does feel that everyone already you was crazy too, cutting in and out, not signalling, honking, alhtough not to the extend of Asia, I still have to say, it was a lot better back then, when I got my driver's license last century. People were friendlier, more patient, and almost more cheerful even in rush hour traffic.

I suppose it is the growing pain you cannot avoid, every cities in Lower mainland is getting bigger, and crowdier. My office has been surrounded with construction sites for the past 2 years. no kidding, skytrain station in the back, apartments in front and on the left.

And I got to client's house, 515pm, a freaking 1 hour and 30 min for a 30km drive!

No comments: