11/05/2009

Curious Case of Benjimen Button

Have you ever had the thought that maybe one day, you will wake up 10 years younger, you will go back to mend the problems that made you regret?

Benjamin Button doesn't have that problem, he grows younger...

I have received this movie on my bday (very fitting, may i add), I never had the courage to watch it by myself, 'cause I know it will be a sad story but a good story. So, I watched it tonight with my brother and his girlfriend.

It is almost like watching Forrest Gump. When times change, the characters blend in with the changing time as well, you will see historical moments in the movie. Unlike Forrest Gump, however, it is more about Benjamin and his experience, his fear.

Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett are good actors, storyline is pretty interesting, somehow, something feels amiss, at least, I don't feel as struck as the time I watched Forrest Gump. Maybe, I am getting older now, I can't be moved by movies easily now... I still remember the time I got so moved by simple Disney Movies, and it doesn't feel that long ago...

No comments: