10/28/2009

The Perfect

Some of my oldest friends all the way from my university days were commenting the other day on the woman I am looking for. They say she has to be attractive, she has to have the ability to assist me at my career, and/or at home. Basically a woman I can take out and keep in. A perfect woman, in their words.

Although I was resisting to that idea, I remembered that my previous relationship did accuse me of "looking for that perfect woman".

So, I asked my oldest friends who are all by the way, either married or getting married, weren't your spouses looking for perfect women when they found you? My friends couldn't respond to that.

Then, I remember what my boss told me once, if you want to marry someone, you don't look for the best one, you look for the fittest one. I agree with that statement, I am far from perfect myself, and I shouldn't be looking for the perfect.

I think what bothers me is that I have never asked my better half to assist in my career, but I do need them to understand what I do. To have my oldest friends not knowing who my "perfect woman" should be is a little disappointing.

But I am still mixed up in that looking for the perfect or looking for the fittest.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

When it comes to relationship, you always make thing complicate.

No one is perfect in this world. Just go after the one who loves you and you love her, period.

lambofsilence said...

Totally agree, isn't it a complicated world out there? that been said... love is necessary but it will not be the only thing that holds two ppl together.

Anonymous said...

i think the contrary, and I agree with Lo :)

Is this not what the wedding vow telling us? Despite all differences and conditions, love to each other is unconditional?

If we do eventually want to take that vow, and believe wedding is the right path, then we should have no doubt about what love takes.

I am also skeptical, but I remain optomistic. I hope you do too :)

anonymous pig

lambofsilence said...

i don't have the doubts for love, but to get to do the wedding vows, don't you need to make sure you want to be there first?

Ms. Anonymous said...

Wish you good luck for finding your neverland woman!!

I have given up already :(

the perfect match is not going to exit in the world of mine

lambofsilence said...

keep your hope up! although i do think you should be looking for a perfect guy, not a perfect girl... ;)