9/15/2010

Kayaking marriage

My friend and her husband just came back from a 3 hour kayaking tour.  Ms. Cake asked her how it was.

She said it was exhausting, all the paddling with and against the current.  She wanted to quit a few times but knowing that her husband won't be able to paddle the kayak by himself, she soldiered on and survived...

Ms. Cake told me about the conversation and commented that it is a perfect metaphor for marriage as well.  The couple is on the same boat, with clear goal in mind, one cannot quit because the boat won't go anywhere with just one person paddling.

Beautiful analogy, I said, and I added, "they should have fun and enjoy the scenery on the way to their goal as well".  Like my married friends.

1 comment:

JY said...

awww~ :) and of course they had to communicate to synchronize their paddling