3/22/2010

When boys become men...

My landlord has sold the house I used to live in for 6 years. It has been torn down for a new house. I was asked to picked up a few things I didn't pack when I left, there were Models I didn't finish when I moved to that place many years ago.

There were about 4 car models, a airplane model and a submarine model.

Back in 2001, me and my boys were desperately looking for jobs or getting out of school, it was a tough time, we started building models at night.

Over time, I have built myself, one tank, and 7 cars. Since then, out of the boys, one got married with 2 kids, one getting married this autumn, one probably going to get married this winter...

When I look at these unfinished models, I think of the time when men were still boys, when times were tough, but we got through them, and moved on to better things. I wonder now... should I finish these unfinished products myself?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep those models...and we'll do it together when we're retired.

It would be fun if we can sit down and do this together again....just like the old time.

現在工作就是做1:1模型的Kevin把拔

lambofsilence said...

oh yes... and play dod when we are getting high from the paint fume... good ol' days

Anonymous said...

my question is... why would you have multiple unfinished projects at the same time? Did you have trouble working thru difficulties or do you just enjoy new things? I think I can see the same thing in your relationships as well.

Just a thought. Now discuss.

lambofsilence said...

Remember there were other boys? Each one of us had unfinished products, I had a Ferrari Modena. I provided the space (technically my mom's) and paint at the time. When the boys became occupied with other more important stuff, they left all the unfinished models with me.

Interesting assumptions you had, but you probably don't know my relationship life very well. :) I worked thru difficulties and finished each one before moving on to the next. Car models or Relationships.