10/13/2010

The flower boy

On the most recent wedding, my best friend pointed at the flower I was wearing and asked, "how many flowers have you worn?".

For each wedding I have helped, I got to wear a flower, usually a rose on my chest.  To be honest, I don't remember how many I have worn.  On the list of things I have done in weddings, I have been the bestman, groomsman, videographer, emcee, setup, usher, sorta wedding planner, driver...

The only jobs I haven't done are probably pianist, photographer (will get to do that next month though), makeup artist, and bride's maid...

I kept some of the flowers, but after a few, I just couldn't remember whose weddings they belong to.

Weddings are fun, not just to attend, but to be part of it, the controlled chaos.  Between wine and flowers, applauses and slides, there are the newly wed, holding hands, and that is the closest thing to total happiness, and that is why I wear the flower.

No comments: