12/24/2008

The flight in with an annoying neighbour…

Taking long flight is never a fun thing unless it is your first time on a plane. It was my first in a very long time to take China Airline. Last time was back in 1992 when I took China Airline to Vancouver.

Stuck in a cramp seat for 13 hours may become less bearable when your neighbour is annoying. In my case, I had an extra annoying neighbour.

It was a middle age Asian guy (I have no idea where he is from, I was guessing somewhere in Southeast Asia), he had a balding head with oversized glasses. He had his son (presumed) with him, so he talked to him all the time. Yes, even when he had his earphone on.

I later found out that his wife (presumed) was on the same flight, but was at a different row. How did I find out? A woman walked pass in the middle of the night and started chatting with him loudly and woke me up. You see, I had the aisle seat, and he sat beside me, so they had to talk over me, and they did, loudly.

During the journey, he would occasionally elbow me when reaching for stuff, move the arm rest up and down, (the only thing that divided our seats, my only protection from him), and moved his bag every 15 mins.

Those things weren’t the worst.

The worst was when he inhale loudly through his nose, hold for a sec and let out a huge “ah~” afterwards. It was loud enough to wake me up after I fell sleep a few times during the in flight movie. At first, I thought maybe he was trying to remind me that I was missing the best parts, but he did that during meals as well. He did it frequently, he did it proudly, even when everyone was sleeping.

Thanks, strange-middle-age-southeast asian guy, you made my long journey that more memorable, for the wrong reasons.

No comments: