12/25/2007

Kite Runner

I bought this book 3 years ago when I was in Taiwan, my friend told me it was on the bestseller list. The book spent 3 years on my shelf collecting dust.

One night, I started reading it before sleep.

The next thing I know, I finished the book at 3am in the morning. I can't remember the last time I read a book like this.

The book is very interesting, the background is in Afghanistan, but it doesn't spend lots of time talking about the muslim cultural. Instead, it is about brotherhood, wanting to be recognized by own father, betrayal, moving to a different country, and more importantly, how we choose to live...

A lot of things I am sure a reader can relate to, it is a great book, I recommend it!

1 comment:

Princess Sophie said...

bravo! i couldn't put the book down either. definitely a great read.